Sunday, September 11, 2005

September 11

It has been 4 years since that fateful day and though I didn’t lose anybody on that terrible event, part of me did die that day. My faith died. My faith isn’t strong to begin with, being a late convert. I grew up in a family that belongs to another belief and I took up the faith because I am in a society wherein the faith is systematically being fed to you. The institutions that I go to, my friends, and just everybody else supported the faith. But somehow, I had questions but I never dare question it. September 11 is just but the last straw on top of the past tragedies that I experienced. Somehow, I was convinced that faith is just a magic word to strengthen man’s resolve in face of odds. It is also the same faith that is the cause of this great tragedy. I soon realize that by accepting the faith, one has to also accept the belief system, the ethical – moral principle that comes with it, and along with the cultural super structure that sprang out of it. It is the clash of these entire system that led to the terrible event, for men believe that they are upholding the truth and the righteousness of their belief but little did they know that the truth they came to believe cannot be proven nor is more closer to the true or more righteous than the other faith that it has came into conflict with. The historian in me has allowed me to see through the façade of the faith and pierce through its veil to reveal the real nature of faith whatever form it assumes. Faith is not simply about appeasement of our spiritual turmoil but rather a form of control. It is a means of unifying our varying minds to the assumed one universal truth. If that truth is real and universal and the other “truth” is false and is the work of evil. It is the conflict of these so-called truths rather than the misunderstanding of the differences that led to September 11. Men are by nature judgmental to the extent of being self – righteous even though they aren’t righteous at all and he will pursue this righteousness even if it is wrong to the very end. Men could be hardheaded and close-minded whenever he chose to be. I had since resolved not to believe in the faith anymore. I decided to stay out of the system and see it with a different perspective and look at the other ideas and faith with an open mind. I did this not because I wanted to understand the other “truths” but rather I learn from my “mistake and folly” of believing in propaganda and closing my mind. I had since learned to take ideas and truths in strides with an open mind but at same time remain skeptical to the propaganda that comes attach to it. I resolve to “free” myself from the chains that bound me and live beyond the control of those malevolent propagandists and become the master of my own fate. I wish others would take my heed………….. I have since regarded the event with an objective coolness but I still hated the perpetuators from both sides of such dastard and cowardly act. Only cowards would hide behind the veil of faith to cover their real motive of dominance of men’s minds and commit such acts in their name… Men are not by nature good as Confucius claims nor is he sinful, as the Christians and their brethrens would suggests. Neither is he evil. Rather, men are weak and close – minded, for he couldn’t overcome nor willing to struggle past his short comings, his emotions, his own creation that he impose upon himself, the system in which he born into, his own mediocrity, and his own limitations. What a pity.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well, Dave. I appreciate you visiting my blog and I thank you also for your generous comment. About the advice thing, well, I'm not an expert at this and I don't know if I could be of help. However, lets see what I can do. By the way, I also appreciate if you could leave out the ads from my blog. Thank you.