Friday, May 06, 2005

Another Murder of My Generation and I’m Angry!

I came back to the office after lunch today and started to read the day’s paper. I found out that a young Filipino - Chinese couple was murdered yesterday as a result of robbery. Personally, I don’t know the victims but nonetheless, anger is brewing inside me like a volcano ready to erupt. The reason? The couple has the same demographic profile as I am and for the past few years, a number of my generation has been brutally murdered, one of them a year or two ago was my friend in college. He died because he struggled against his so – called barkadas who tried to kidnap him and extort money. Fate could be so cruel and unfair. My friend doesn’t deserve to die like that. He is a jolly fellow and always cheerful. He is a good Christian and always ready to help. Never the one to say no to a friend, he would help his friend even if is to his detriment. I warned him in college that he shouldn’t give too much to his friends and keep some for himself but he would have none of it. He is a boy scout both literally and figuratively speaking and he is active in civic engagement. He is a great friend to be with and one you keep for the ages. It is not right to take him away and he deserves better. He should be allowed to get married and have kids and even grand children. He should have die in a hospital at a ripe old age due to some lingering sicknesses surrounded by family and friends and not like that. I never attended his wake for I don’t want to see him like that. I don’t want to see him because I don’t want to see myself….. To my friend and others like him of my generation who have been brutally murdered, I mourned, I grieved, and I’m angry! They and their likes are at a time when it is the beginning of their golden age, where they become a productive member in society. They are the future face of our people and its success, the forthcoming bearers of our nation’s pride and dignity, and they are the country’s hope. How could I not mourn? One good guy down, one hope lost and the lost is irreplaceable. The future has got darker. How could I not grieve? To take it all away at once, so sudden, so unthinkable, so ……. How could I not be angry? I then remember my father and the anger and pain becomes all the more unbearable. I ............... Right now, I just want to end this monstrosity and hunt down those bastards myself. Stalk them like a mad hunter that doesn’t rest. Always behind them, ready for the kill whenever they let their guard down. I would cut their head off, tear their limbs and eat their flesh but this is not enough, not by a long shot. If there is hell and an afterlife, I would bring their soul to the deepest part of hell and I will dig an even deeper hole for them in hell and bury them there. Then again, my friend and others like him and my father as well couldn’t come back to life even if I had done that. I’m angry, I’m mourning and I’m grieving. This got to stop somehow!!!

No comments: